Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Processor stuck at 10% Speed (1 Viewer)

I'll double check in a little bit, but I know the BIOS is really slow too. I did manage to enable my overclocking (Mode 2), and that helps a little bit, but it still takes like two minutes for the Start Bar to appear when I boot into Windows. Everything I've read online suggests that my Power Supply Unit is going bad. We did experience a Brown Out shortly before I noticed the problem, so perhaps indeed, my PSU is not capable of delivering the necessary power levels to the motherboard. Looks like I may have to spend $219 for a new power supply next month.

There goes my website, since I can't afford both a renewal and a new PSU. Not that it matters, I've only got like one or two members that occasionally show up anyway. I'll probably take the time to restructure my website, possibly get a different domain name and relaunch in a different direction (after I gain an [interested] following member base).

I'll double check in a little bit, but I know the BIOS is really slow too. I did manage to enable my overclocking (Mode 2), and that helps a little bit, but it still takes like two minutes for the Start Bar to appear when I boot into Windows. Everything I've read online suggests that my Power Supply Unit is going bad. We did experience a Brown Out shortly before I noticed the problem, so perhaps indeed, my PSU is not capable of delivering the necessary power levels to the motherboard. Looks like I may have to spend $219 for a new power supply next month.

There goes my website, since I can't afford both a renewal and a new PSU. Not that it matters, I've only got like one or two members that occasionally show up anyway. I'll probably take the time to restructure my website, possibly get a different domain name and relaunch in a different direction (after I gain an [interested] following member base).
Do you have a multimeter to test the PSU? It is certainly a possibility. How much power do you need? 219$ seems kinda high . A decent 600w bronze rated is around 80$ right now.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor