Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

✔️ Completed Jane Site Garage Order

Jane

Recognized member
Credits
Username: Jane

What is the URL of your site? https://www.friendlychatting.com

Are you ordering a Site Checkup, Content Repurposing or Support Services? Site Checkup

Which Site Checkup are you ordering? Simple Checkup (2 areas)

Please select which areas you would like checked Theme/Styling, Originality

Thanks. I shall now sit and chew my fingernails to the quick. 😬😬🫣😂

I meant to add…if you select the Spiderwick theme for Halloween..you will see I added a video at the top of the forum. I was considering doing one for Christmas. What do you think?

Friendly Chatting Review​

By Cedric

Theme/Styling:​

Jumping into Friendly Chatting feels like I've stepped back in time a bit with its classic forum vibe, which has its own quaint charm. I started with InvisionFree to it still holds a special place in my heart. The skin you have was made by Outline and I still remember it coming out. Groundbreaking! Innovation! Awesomeness. But in reality that was over 10 years ago. The blues are nice and soothing, but it's all feeling a tad old-school. I dig that there's a choice of skins — it's like picking out what to wear in the digital world, right? But, man, the switch-up in themes from one section to another is like walking through a house where every room's got a wild different decor. It's cool to have options, but a little unity wouldn't hurt. The layout's got all the right pieces, just needs a bit of tidying up — the images are a bit disturbing for me personally.

Originality:​

Now, for the unique bits — it's a pretty standard setup with forums and threads we've all seen around. The shoutbox is a neat little spot for a quick banter, not groundbreaking but a nice touch. Love the skin variety, it's not something you see everywhere. Still, sticking to one theme as you cruise through the forums would make for a smoother ride. It's like this place has the bones to be something more, just needs that spark of something special that makes you wanna stick around and not just pop in and out.

In reality, know that you are limited in growth. The forum's running on software that's a blast from the past, and the user interface follows suit—think more 'vintage' than 'retro chic.' When you switch to mobile, it doesn't quite hit the mark; things feel a bit cramped, like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Attracting a crowd with this old-school charm and keeping them coming back for more? That's going to be a tough sell in the sleek, swipe-right era we're living in. But if you don't expect much? Then you're golden.

Completed.png

Your order has now been completed! Thank you for using the Admin Junkies Site Garage Service.
The AJ Credits for this order will shortly be deducted from your account.

Want to get 10% off your next order? Click below to leave feedback on your order and get a coupon to use!

Cash-Deducted.png

Just a quick note to confirm your account has now been charged for this order, and the AJ Credits deducted.
Thanks for using Admin Junkies.

Want to get 10% off your next order? Click below to leave feedback on your order and get a coupon to use!

Thanks Cedric. Skyon Archer agrees with everything you have said..which leaves me with decisions to make. Do I stick with Jcink which I like…OR..do I revert back to Mybb?
I cant imagine my users being very happy if I do that..it means password resets for example. hmm… Thank you for being honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cedric. Skyon Archer agrees with everything you have said..which leaves me with decisions to make. Do I stick with Jcink which I like…OR..do I revert back to Mybb?
I cant imagine my users being very happy if I do that..it means password resets for example. hmm… Thank you for being honest.
You're welcome!
Password resets are the least to worry about. If that's holding you back, then that shouldn't be a problem, really.

It all depends what course you wish to go with FC. If you're satisfied with the current software, progress and features, then there's no need to improve. But I assume you wish to improve growth and functionality. Otherwise you wouldn't have requested feedback. ;)

I personally see no improvement from Jcink to MyBB, so I wouldn't bother doing the move. If you'd go with SMF, that would be a notable upgrade from Jcink. Especially since SMF 3.0 is on the way. There's more customization possible, plugins, themes, etc. compared to MyBB. And has a better coded platform to live up today's standards.

Btw: my name is not Liam, but Cedric, I corrected your post. ☺️

Ok I’m confused…did you or did you not when I asked..say that you're Liam from zetaboards? Or did I imagine that? :unsure: It is highly possible.l have brain fog most days,😂😂. Anyway..I have tried SMF…it was..ok… also tried phpBB3. The permissions were an an experience. sheesh. Skyon loves Mybb. He finds it easy to code for one thing…

Ok I’m confused…did you or did you not when I asked..say that you're Liam from zetaboards? Or did I imagine that? :unsure: It is highly possible.l have brain fog most days,😂😂. Anyway..I have tried SMF…it was..ok… also tried phpBB3. The permissions were an an experience. sheesh. Skyon loves Mybb. He finds it easy to code for one thing…
I did answer that post and said it was the Liam you knew. This is @Liam - I was always known as Cedric, haha.

If Skyon has confidence in MyBB, I'm not holding anyone back from using that. But PhpBB and SMF are a better option. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor