Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Have You Used Hugo, an Open Source CMS to Build Static Websites?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Have you heard of Hugo, an Open Source CMS to build static websites? If you're wondering whether Hugo is a good CMS for you or not, here are some key features to consider:

Hugo comes with a built-in server that allows you to preview your website as you build it. This feature streamlines the development process, helping you create a polished website in less time.

Hugo supports publishing content in multiple languages so it is ideal for creating multilingual websites. If you want to reach diverse audience, Hugo is a great choice.

With built-in Markdown syntax support, formatting content and creating new pages in Hugo is easy. Markdown makes it easy to structure and style your content without the need of HTML knowledge.

Hugo is written in Go, so it performs well on Windows, macOS, as well as Linux.

As a fan of minimalist setups I've been interested in it for certain sites but for being lightweight it just 'feels' heavy to me in a way I haven't gotten through yet. I'm odd though (some of what I do is literally just notepad++ and folders with mass text replace if I need to update the whole project on something), I know it's popular and useful although I wouldn't think of it in the same context as I'd think of a forum or software that's heavier by nature.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest