Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Content Creation Do you read your posts?

A prefix for threads focusing on the creation of content for websites and forums.

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
After creating a topic or a post, do you read what you have written? Do you read before you hit the submit button? Do you read your post after it is published. Normally, I do not read what I have written because I believe I have written what I wanted to write. Of late, I have discovered that some of my posts contain terrible mistakes, mostly related to spellings. Therefore, these days I try to read what I have written before I hit the submit button. What about you?

I have a habit of reading my posts before and re-reading my posts after they have been posted. I'll often search the posts that I make on a board and re-read them just out of boredom and just to make sure what I posted makes sense. I don't have to worry too much about spelling/grammar mistakes because I use the browser extension, Grammarly to help with that. When I first started using forums my spelling/grammar was terrible and they didn't have all these fancy extensions back then that they do now.

Too lazy to proofread most of the time, so what I do is click "post reply" and then edit things for better readability after the fact.

The originals are my actual thoughts as they came to me, but the edited versions are the more refined way of putting things.

Yes, I do... I only proofread them once, but it's not unusual for me to edit them about 5 times before submitting anyway!

I always read my posts as I'm typing them up. I will also take a look and re-read everything to make sure I don't have any grammar issues or misspelled something. I rarely go back and re-read my posts after I make it.

If I don’t that just shows I’m a little lazy. The post few has a few sentences at most so I definitely proofread before I enter it.

I tend to proof-read as I go, mostly because that’s the only way I’ll catch autocorrect issues from typing on iPad, as my brain will tend to autocorrect if I try to do a proof-read pass before posting…

Not generally but there are times I actually look into a topic and get some information that might not make it to my long-term memory. At that point I might reread to refresh or correct.

Usually after done and submitted (since I'm a touch typist) and usually find a few typos.

I have got myself into the habit of always checking what I have written before I hit the submit button which is something I never used to do when I first starting posting on forums but slowly got into routine doing the more I used forums.

Too lazy to proofread most of the time, so what I do is click "post reply" and then edit things for better readability after the fact.

The originals are my actual thoughts as they came to me, but the edited versions are the more refined way of putting things.

This is exactly how I do it. Haha!
There's something about reading it once it's actually posted that makes it easier for me to pick out any mistakes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest